We preserve and defend homeowner rights.
We sue banks, mortgage companies, debt collectors, and loan brokers.
We assist clients wishing to file restraining orders (TRO) against banks or creditors to stop foreclosure of homes and businesses, stop the garnish of wages or stop the seizure of assets.
Through litigation we seek relief for debt and real estate mortgage issues such as: past creditors, past mortgage payments, outstanding property taxes, misapplied insurance escrow, or other liens placed against you, your real property, or business.
Typical remedies and settlements of suits against creditors or mortgage companies: loan modification, short sale, deed in lieu, restoration of credit, dismissal or discharge of the debt, or money depending upon the damages suffered.
We represent Texans against creditors and mortgage lenders of all sizes including large banks such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citi, JP Morgan Chase and their related parties such as MERS, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae.
How can we help?
First, we closely review your loan/debts to spot problems.
Why do an extensive review? Because more than 90% of loans/debts we have reviewed have problems such as failure to follow the requirements set forth by:
- the Constitution of the State of Texas
- the Real Estate Services Practices Act (RESPA)
- the Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA)
- the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- the Texas Debt Collection Act (Tx DCA)
- as well as several other state and federal laws enacted to protect homeowners.
So what if you find problems?
- We may be able to have your foreclosure or lawsuit dismissed entirely!
- We may be able to have your loan modified in your favor or pursue monetary damages for you.
- We may be able to stop wage garnishment.
- We may be able to stop vehicle repossession.
- We may be able to have your debt completely dismissed, wiped out, or discharged.
- If you have decided that you can no longer afford your home, but can’t sell it because you owe more than it is worth, we have the knowledge and ability to work with banks to try and make a short sale happen – and avoid an ugly foreclosure on your credit record!
- In many cases, we can delay your foreclosure or lawsuit long enough to allow you to catch up on late payments; if you wish to simply re-instate.
- We can make you familiar with the rights you still have – before they are stripped from you.
- Most importantly, our services may be able to help you buy some time to get back on your feet – without being put out on the street!
What about bankruptcy?
- We believe every possible option should be considered, including bankruptcy.
- While most of our clients have considered bankruptcy, over 90% choose a different option and DO NOT need to file bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcies can be costly in the long term and damage your credit for many years.
- While bankruptcy can provide a “fresh start”, some debts such as the IRS, school loans or child support typically DO NOT go away in a bankruptcy.
- The decision is yours and for some bankruptcy is the best option; if so, we will help you file bankruptcy and then aggressively fight for your rights under the bankruptcy code.
What will it cost?
- We recognize that many clients facing a foreclosure or creditor lawsuit have limited funds.
- We tailor our fees to your budget so they are reasonable and affordable.
- Our clients typically select a contingency/retainer hybrid payment plan.
- ACT NOW!!!
- Call us at 713-590-3069 for an initial FREE consultation at our Houston, Texas office @ Hillcroft and 59 South (Southwest Freeway).
You can also reach us by filling out our online form on this page and we will try to respond to you in 2 business hours or less!